Split Rock Quarry Camillus NY Family Adventures in
Split Rock Quarry was established in 1834 as a limestone quarry. It was eventually abandoned in 1912. In 1915, the quarry was recommissioned as a munitions factory and was responsible for producing approximately 1/4 of the TNT used by America in World War 1. On the night of July 2, 1918, a fire broke out, and could not be brought under control.